Wednesday 17 July 2013

My Official Photo...

I hemmed and hawed about putting a picture of myself on profile. I try to keep my photo offline as much as possible. Way back in the day, when listicles weren't invented and no one thought lens flares were tacky, someone put up a page that was called "20 Reasons Not To Put Your Photo Online". It was some poor kid's face PhotoShopped every which way possible, including tinted yellow and distorted. No one plasters Jill Potenti's face on a horse's hiney!
I'm not happy with it, but it will have to do for now. I pictured looking like a stock photo model, looking all writerly and stuff, but I'm too shy and Mr. Potenti was in a hurry to take a nap. But I exist! You can be rest assured I'm not a bot randomly making ebooks. By the way, did you know that "robot authors" are a real a thing

No comments:

Post a Comment